The International Conference «ShippingRu 2017» (28th February 2017, Moscow, Russia) it is a business event, focusing on the in-depth consideration of topical issues relating to the current sea shipping market situation in Russia.
Against the present situation, when the world freight market is unstable with time of delivery and rates fluctuating a lot, sea shipping segment in the Russian Federation faces difficulties due to down time and under-utilization of the sea ports.
Nonetheless, the Russian shipping market, namely the container shipping, is increasing in the context of the cargo flows change from import to export. Of 63 Russian ports in the Register, more than 70% of the total cargo turnover is in the biggest ten sea ports including Novorossiysk and Saint-Petersburgh, what brings to a focus the issues of the port system intensive development, new powerful waterfront installations and sea ports infrastructure development. River transport, as water transportation key constituent part, has not yet become an alternative for bulk cargoes and mineral raw materials shipping.
However, here there’s also a positive trend in the transported cargos volumes and in perspectives of the river fleet and the Russia’s single inland navigation system renovation.
Complex economic realities and reformation processes have significantly raised the bar for the effective managerial decisions in logistics and have set new horizons for the government and business cooperation in development of the logistics system in Russia.
The delegates’ profile:
Ports, terminals, forwarders, agents, container lines, shippers, ship owners, logistic associations, investing companies, FEZ.
Among the topics to be discussed:
- New trends for the sea ports of the North-West and South regions of the Russian Federation in the context the import-export flows redistribution.
- Dry ports: issues of tariffs and cargos clearance.
- Current container shipping market survey: volumes and freight rates.
- Refrigerated cargos: transportation and storage. Utilization of the existing refrigeration facilities and construction of the new ones.
- River transportation market in Russia.